Monday 31 August 2009

With weeks...

...of fiddling about with bits for friends, and the odd sale(my mind has been elsewhere, sorry about that), I finally got down to some serious bead-making yesterday. I had an order for eighty treacle pud spacers for Texas, which just have to be cleaned and listed ready for September. But, it showed how much I've missed serious making. I've also got some new ideas for jewellery, but those will wait until I'm set up in my new studio.

Photos will follow...

It's the village fete this afternoon. It's a big event in the village calendar, a very good one and our last as villagers. Three of the village organisations gain from it...the WI, the cricket club, and the village hall, plus a charity of choice...the WI arrange the teas(to die for), wine tent...craft plus saleable items, and cake stall(which groans with the number). The cricket club's responsibility is the beer pavilion...and bbq...and then others fill in with car park detail...duck dabbling...swings...etc... There's also a dog show before, with terrier racing...and a boot sale all day... Book, other craft and general stalls are around....so...

If you're ever in the area of the last village in north west Essex on an August bank holiday...come along...and have a good time!

No comments: