Saturday 14 November 2009

As the wind...

...howls around my eyrie in the roof of our cottage(the upstairs is in the eaves), I'm sitting listening to the commentary from the Charlton match and getting my Etsy shops back up and running.

With the darkness gradually drawing the cosiness of our cottage closer, the trees dancing a frantic weaving dance, it makes me content that our house isn't very tall, and we're in a little hollow...where before the wind would whip down the fields behind of our old home, battering at it's back door, it whips over our new one. The fact our house has sat here for four hundred years, must mean it's fairly happy where it is.

Okay, having just been interrupted from my tapping by my hubby, Charlton have scored twice...we are now leading 5-1...let's hope this continues and gives them the confidence that's been sadly missing the last few games. It hasn't been luck, it's been good football even with the windy conditions and MKDons scoring first...

Opposite our cottage is the village church of St Andrews, and we've been told has a Christmas Eve carol service, when the church...as it hasn't electric supplied, is lit by oil lamps...so wrapped in jumpers, scarves, gloves, and thick socks...we'll be going...

2 comments:

vicki archer said...

It sounds like a productive but peaceful evening...xv

Suze said...

It was...and reopening my shops must have been the perfect timing...I had a new Australian cross my threshold.