Saturday 1 May 2010

Su's Charmed...

...By Charlton

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I was interviewed by Gary Haines for the Charlton programme, and this was printed in the one for the Carlisle game.  It's been mentioned that not everyone got to the game...and would I please print the interview...so...here goes.

She may live deep in Canaries territory, but the Addicks will always be precious to one long-serving supporter from Fakenham.  Gary Haines finds out about her unique jewellery collection and penchant for Peacock blue.

There's been plenty to cheer about for fans in Norfolk this season, with Norwich City seemingly destined for an immediate return to the Championship.
But one creative supporter from the region remains proud of her red and white heritage, and is hoping Charlton can follow suit in the campaign's closing weeks.
Jewellery designer Su Mose is happy to broach the subject of her Addicks heroes at any time.
A former season-ticket holder who lived on the borders of Belvedere, Erith and Bexleyheath before relocating to Fakenham last year, she was first charmed by Charlton in 1963/64.
"My allegiance comes from my Dad, who took me to a game against Manchester City when I was eight.  I was immediately hooked."
"We used to stand on the Eastern Terrace, and from there I could shout at and cheer for Keith Peacock on the wing.  I was never allowed near the Covered End, which is probably why I love being there now."
"It's quite funny, really; my Mum used to see Keith and his son Gavin when he visited his Mum's shop in Belvedere.  A lady fainted once, and Keith was off grabbing a cold sponge and mopping her face.  There were no delicate smelling salts- those were the days when a cold sponge healed all!"
Su, who runs Wayward Rose Jewellery, keeps in touch with Valley events mainly via the internet and the ever popular CAFC Player video website...

(it then goes on to the jewellery...you don't want that bit)...

Su, is hoping Charlton can clasp promotion come May - beating Norwich in the process.
"I was talking to a Norwich director last summer, and he smiled when he learned I supported Charlton.  He said he forgave me, and suggested that we would get automatic promotion and they'd be in for a tough fight.  I'm sure that he, like all their fans, is more than a little happy so far."
"Others who know of my allegiance smile indulgently at my folly, then go on to mention Grant Holt and Wes Hoolahan.  With the home game coming soon, I'd love to have some bragging rights, so I'm really hoping for a win."

Well, we can't have everything, now can we.  

I hope Mr Haines doesn't mind the reprinting...and please don't work out the age thingy...it takes all the mystery away!! 

2 comments:

ChicagoAddick said...

Thanks Su. You must have read about that game against Man City :-)

Suze said...

Awwww....you charmer you!!!