Tuesday 13 July 2010

Damp...

...at last!


After such scorching weather the rain fell softly yesterday. 


Wimbledon is over...the World Cup is over...and Spain is celebrating.  Of course, we did have winners at Wimbledon with two young men winning the Boys Double title, and we did have representation on the World Cup final pitch with Howard Webb refereeing.  Blame and accusation have started...as has the pre-season friendlies.  My team lost on Saturday to AFC Wimbledon, and won tonight at Welling United, but these are exercises...no clue to the performances to come with so many changes and substitutions throughout the matches...but tonight saw the return of Jon Fortune (yay), maybe only for this...but I'd bite your hand off to get him back, and then there's the forthcoming talk with Christian Dailly...mix those staying with new signings and youngsters, that defence could be stronger than last year. 

I've been looking to go to Kettering, but ticket information seems a little scarce...

I nearly went to Lynn tonight to watch the match between the newly reformed King's Lynn club and a Norwich City XI...I wish I had now...Lynn won 2 - 0.    Norwich put a team of academy and senior players who didn't travel to Germany out.  I'll watch both teams with interest. 

My local team, Fakenham Town, haven't started their pre-season yet...

No comments: