Wednesday 23 May 2012

Docking...

...is a village halfway between me and the coast.  Not long ago an enterprising person had the idea of a local produce market there and Docking Market was born and you can find it at Dr W E Ripper Memorial Hall in the High Street.  It's a great mix of food and crafty gifts and ever growing, and from the 6th June I'll be there...so, I look forward to meeting everyone at 10am on that date!

I'll still be at Swaffham Indoor Market on Fridays...and will be there all weekend over the Jubilee (or that's the plan!)

Also had a great lunch at La Campagna can't wait for the yurt to go up and then visit for an evening.  Such a lovely couple...

And has anyone been watching Chelsea...the garden version, plants and gardens to die for.  So, if I can get rid of the rabbits, and stop next doors horse from eating my garden....I can be inspired!  With the sun shining on it...it's a work in progress!  My little bit of horticulture continued yesterday with a visit to Peter Beales Roses.  I simply love roses...especially the old varieties, but since childhood I've had one particularly in my life, it's called Meg and has large, single flowers of peach-apricot.  Why has it been with me for so long?  My mother bought it for my father on their second wedding anniversary, which was the week before I was born, it moved with us each time the family moved, and now has been settled for the best part of fifty years...and now I have my own...


Oh...and PS....they won gold at Chelsea...again!

No comments: