Tuesday 26 May 2009

This weekend...

...we didn't go far.

Saturday morning I took my husband round my Walden haunts...the local charity shops, furniture shops, gift/house shops, and the reclaimed furniture shop... I pointed out the dearest little cup and saucer set in my favourite charity shop, and with no price showing, he went to ask...£2.50 says the lady. Each? I suggest...there were six...no, for the six, she answered...they are now safely stored away, but I might have to take a photo or two, just to show.

We looked at bits and bobs in other places, but nothing took...then we reached the reclaimed furniture, and with lifting of several lids and checking, looked through the blanket boxes and chests...a beautiful little pedestal dinner table...and a spindle high-backed chair. We came away with none...we daren't have more furniture to move, the van will be creaking already, but it gave food for thought, and now my second-hand ramblings have added verve. We ended in my favourite home soft furnishings/gift shop...Lottie Mutton, who doesn't have a website, so I can't show. They make beautiful blinds and curtains, and it's the remnant box downstairs I rummage through. It's not the cheapest fabric, but if you want exceptional pieces...and the rest of the shop is a delight. (photos to follow)

My afternoon was spent making sure the Gills won...Sunday was a day of doing nothing other than embroidery, and flicking between England beating the Windies, Scunny beating Millwall, and Villa beating Newcastle. Monday came and so did most of our family...here to help empty the garage so we can sort what they've left, and throw anything else not wanted...and emptying the loft...(there isn't a loft in the house in Norfolk), we've got to be ruthless. I now have a room full of boxes and old bags...and several runs to that charity shop, and the tip.

A warm feeling at the end of a good days work...made happier when Burnley won promotion to the Premier League...so very well deserved. I hope the Sheffield fan I heard on the radio thinks on what he said, about being too big for the Championship...no one's ever too big to go or stay down...well, unless you're one of the four! I had that said to me by a fan, after we beat Sunderland, they thought we shouldn't have turned up either...

Now I really need to work...

No comments: