Wednesday 16 September 2009

Don't do...

...unto others as they do unto you!

Did I mention the problem with my car? The leak through the replaced windscreen, which dripping onto the dashboard below, made the electronics and control boxes seem like Blackpool illuminations. I had warning lights flashing, telling me all sorts of things were happening. A quick call to the glass company...the insurance approved one, and the next morning(Sunday) I had another replacement screen, and confirmation that their workmanship had led to the leak. The Monday they agreed to pay the cost of the repair, but it had to be a mainline dealer...and duly the car was taken away, and a hire car stood in its place.

Three weeks later I am still without my car. Last week I was advised that the bill had been paid(the repair garage), though there was a bit of investigating on their part to find that out. After chasing them, I was told it was ready to collect yesterday, and having arranged my lift there...I went to collect it....to be told...

I couldn't have my car! The bill hadn't been paid!!

I was very good, though seething, I didn't lose my temper, it wasn't the fault of the lady who had to tell me this. But somewhere, someone has been lying to me...

There's more, but...well, I'm still too angry to write coherently.

Suffice to say, I have two cars, because the hire car was supposed to be collected yesterday and it's still here, and having told the garage I had no way of getting home, the lady arranged a courtesy car for me, and when out of the office, thanked me for not shouting at her...(I find that a sad reflection on our intolerance today).

From home I left a message on the designated number, with the glass company...and I had to phone again this morning, because they hadn't found my message!

They are both now investigating...and who's caught between the two organisations?! Only the innocent party...

No comments: