Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Why should...

...I be surprised! We have another chapter to our extended house purchase saga. It's getting nearly as long as one of the northman sagas, and if it continues, it might have the added addition of blood too!

Now, we have been asked if we'll push back our move for two weeks. The lady from the house we're buying, or trying to...had a minor operation six weeks ago, and now appears (after exchanging over three weeks ago), to be requiring more time! My concern is how the people she's buying from will react, they didn't like the late date in October anyway, and wanted September! And our buyers started to let people know immediately on exchange, as some letters we've received warning of our accounts being closed already show. We started last week...the removal men are booked...etc.

We see our solicitor Friday to "chat" it through...

2 comments:

PG said...

Bloody Nora! Excuse my language...I mean, you really couldn't make it up; I would be inclined to put my foot down and move the baggage out, if it has only been a minor operation. Or charge her the costs of all the cancellations. Surely she is legally obliged to go ahead with it all now?

Suze said...

I'm sure Nora won't mind your language, it's slightly milder than mine was. ;) That's the position we've intimated to our solicitor, we really don't feel inclined to delay. Yes, she's legally bound, unless we're nice, or she pulls out completely. We could claim if she does...for costs, expenses and damages...and I doubt it would just be ours...
The minor op was a hernia...the same op I had a few years ago, and nothing sinister.