Thursday 13 November 2008

My call...

...came on Monday. It seems my viewer decided they liked our house, couldn't say anything against it, location, house was all okay, but they'd decided it didn't have "faerie dust".

So what do you do? Do you do as is supposedly right, and take some of the personal accoutrements out, so they can "see" the house, or leave those touches in? Of course, I'm making the leap that's what they meant, that for them it didn't have that little extra...but, they're buying a house...not my faerie dust, they need to discover their own, their magic...their touch of genius, that makes a house their home. I hope somewhere they find their dust for their daughters...

Tuesday, my car had to go to the garage for an "adjustment", something minor could fail and could I bring it in. Duly it was delivered and I took the time to walk into the nearest town, Bishop's Stortford, something I don't do, as it's ten miles from my home. I looked at all the Christmas decorations filling shelves of the beautiful home shops the town has, and imagined where they'd go, but at present I feel as though I'm in limbo, not quite here or there...oh, I know I'll be here for Christmas now, but I want to be making another house my home...Don't get me wrong, I do love my present home...but, it's run its course, and having decided to move, I've been letting go emotionally to it, and am now set ready to go. When I left work, they made me a gift of some book tokens, and on visiting the local chain store, I found a beautifully illustrated and written childrens book, but I'd forgotten my tokens...I'll have to go back...I'd also forgotten to put my little notebook in my bag, so now I have no idea who the books author and illustrator is...but, I know exactly where on the shelf the copies were... And I really must walk around my village more...I used to...but, it's changed.

Wednesday...yesterday, it was Mum's birthday, and I went to visit. She lives on the edge of London, and Kent. A borough which is neither one thing or the other, and during the summer I'd told her of a Lavender Farm, and their open day, which my sister took her too, as I was in Northumberland. As I'd never been, we decided to go...I was a little disappointed, but did buy some Lavender shortbread...my, but they're strong! We found a local hostelry for lunch...and if you're ever in Ightham, then I can recommend the food and service in the George and Dragon. Both are excellent. While out, I had a call from our agents, they'd got someone who'd been let down with their purchase at the last moment, and were exchanging on their sale next week. They were moving from Sussex, to be closer to their daughter who had moved into town...Saffron Walden. They had seen our details and wanted very much to view...was I home that afternoon or Thursday morning. Being seventy odd miles from home, I said this morning would be best. Ten minutes later I had another call...the prospective viewer had looked on a map and we're not in the right place, being eight miles from "town". Now please work that out before I get all excited....my emotions can't take this up and down... I keep telling myself it's only a house move, and not a death or worse...but, as I've said...it's limbo... Oh! And I've picked the paint out to renew the kitchen...you do have to keep living.

Today...this morning...I'm mixing the Christmas puds...best go!!

Enjoy your days...

No comments: