Wednesday, 25 March 2009

You know...

...I'm going to write a book about this house move malarky. After a night of restlessness, and a days fidgeting...I spoke to the Norfolk agent late yesterday afternoon. It seems the other viewer...couldn't raise the finance, so cannot proceed....which basically leaves us (at present). The only issue is....having told that to their vendor...she now can't get her head around the drop in value of properties over the last eighteen months...and the last eight months imparticular. She's been told we've had to drop as much and more, to make this work...but, she doesn't do anything speedily...and to keep asking her could sound like bullying...and no one wants that.

So, we're waiting again...and hoping our remaining offerer hangs in there with us.

2 comments:

Daggs said...

Suze, i don't know why you are trying to move house. If it's because of employment or serious family needs, then i guess you have to keep trying,
If you're moving simply for a change/improvement of environment. It may well be worth delaying the whole idea for a year or two. Eventually house prices will stabilise and indeed increase again. Plus the general election is only a year away. This could have a significant effect.

Suze said...

Thanks for the thoughts...but this has been in the process for two years and part of a plan which doesn't delay for a further year or two. It's not because we have to, and waiting until after the general election could make a difference, but we're where we are...